Last Updated on April 14, 2022
You can inquire from Michiganlookup.org about the usage and sale of your personal info according to the California Civil Code Section 1798.83. This policy will elaborate on the rights of the residents of California as well as ways to make enquiries to us under these rights.
Type of Information We Collect
We collect info from third parties that identifies, describes, can be associated or linked to a person, directly or indirectly, that would be identified as personal info. Info collected includes:
- Full name
- Phone numbers
- Age/Birthdate/Date of death
- Relatives/associates linked by address or name
- Criminal records
Collected info can be used for the following reasons:
- When requested to comply with the law, judicial proceedings, subpoena, a court order, or other legal process
- To offer info, products & services that are best suited to you
- As defined to you at the time your personal data was collected or as otherwise stated in the CCPA.
Right to Delete Personal Information
You hold the right to instruct Michiganlookup.org to remove your personal information from our site. We will need to verify after getting your request, then once verified, we will remove all your personal data that we have in our records. Though we can deny your request for removal for any of these reasons:
- To comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- If it will help us detect security incidents, guard against malicious/false/fraudulent/unlawful action, or take legal action against those responsible for such activities
- To fix products that destroy the current intended functionality
- To obey a legal obligation
Since we also collect 3rd party info, if a request is made to delete info that we gathered from third parties, we hide the info so it’s not accessible to the public and make sure no one can find it from searching through our site.
You can give a person registered with California Secretary of State the authority to act on your behalf and send a certified consumer request concerning your personal information. A request to have your personal data deleted or to see it can be make twice in 12 months. A request will be considered and approved if:
- You provide enough verification info that can be used to prove that you are the one whose info we have or an authorized person
- You provide enough data when you send in your request that will make it easy for us to respond
We will not respond to your request if we can’t authenticate that the personal data in our records relates to you. We also won’t be able to respond if you can’t confirm your identity or authority to make the deletion request. Note that you don’t have to have an account with us to make a verifiable application, any info provided will be the one used to check your identity or power to make the request.
Non-Discrimination for Exercising CCPA Rights
No persons shall be discriminated against for using any of the CCPA rights stated above (accessing and requesting deletion of rights). We will still provide you with our goods and services even when you exercise your CCPA rights. We will not charge you different rates or prices for services rendered or give you altered quality for any goods or services ordered.